Having completed the remainder of the conversion and improvements to the principle buildings on the estate, the Client decided to convert the existing “triple” barn from its former agricultural use.
Planning permission was granted by the Local Authority and the 1950’s plastic infill barn was demolished to restore the original Norfolk barns to their former layout. The barns were then redesigned with one barn being maintained largely as a single entertainment space plus shower cloakroom and a bar/kitchen.
The second barn was converted into accommodation, separated into a staff flat incorporating bedroom, reception, kitchen, bathroom and cloakroom, with the remainder of the barn divided into a kitchen/sitting area and two bedroom suites. The surrounding area was landscaped with adjacent ponds cleared out and drainage and ditches all improved.